Use the gender lens to capture interesting photos with stories and help us do science with a creative twist. We make a maximum impact when we communicate about our work – success and/or failure – to a wider audience using a range of communication and social media. We believe that photos break the global language barriers, and connect people, whether they are farmers, middle-class urban families, public enterprises, donors or students.
OPEN TO All PHOTO AND STORY CONTEST
Anyone across the globe can enter this competition. You can be a practitioner, farmer, student, forester, policymaker, manager, researcher, teacher, professional photographer, freelancer among others. No registration fees. Just click, write a story about your photo and email us!
KEY THEMATIC AREAS
• Through this International Photo Competition 2014 on the ‘Forest-Agriculture Interface through a Gender Lens’ we aim to publish a photo book (Editor Purabi Bose).
• The photo book will reproduce the selected photos with the titles and background stories about the successes and failures of integrating gender equity in forests, agroforestry and the small farms anywhere in the world.
Photos can be submitted within the three key thematic areas with gender as a cross-cutting issue
1. Forests including drylands and marginal people;
2. Agroforestry in vulnerable landscapes; and
3. Non-timber forest products, smallholder agriculture produces influencing the local markets.
Dr. Purabi Bose, Social Scientist and Focal Person for CIAT’s CRP-FTA Gender
CIAT, Km 17, Recta Cali-Palmira, A A 6713
Cali, Colombia http://www.ciat.cgiar.org/ CONTACT E-mail: email@example.com Phone: + 57 2 4450000 Fax: +57 2 4450073
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO:
Each photo must tell a story about the success or failure of integrating gender in any of the three thematic areas.
Write a story of max 150 words in either English, Spanish, French or Bahasa Indonesia.
Submit a maximum of 2 photos for each theme (for each person a max of 6 photos in colour or black & white).
This to be saved in .Jpeg or .Tiff hi-reso format, minimum of 2MB size, and 1200 dpi resolution.
For each photo add: a photo title, story, identity of people, place, and photo date (dd/mm/yy).
Save the file as your family name_first name_number of the photo_your citizenship.
SEND YOUR ENTRY: before JUNE 15, 2014
Add your full name, profession, institutional affiliation, and full contact details. Upload via http://www.wetransfer.com and E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and
Cc to email@example.com
The best 100 photos and accompanying storylines will be selected for the photo book.
• Photo book launch at the IUFRO World Congress 2014.
• A certificate and photo book for selected participants.
- Three participants (one from each theme) will be invited at CIAT’s CRP FTA’s workshop in Uganda in Nov. 2014.
COPYRIGHTS: Submit only photos and stories over which the participant holds the copyright. By entering the competition, the participant concedes CIAT’s CRP-FTA Gender the right to use the photo & story for publication in a range of communication media without pay and without prior permission.