The Sr GBV Coordinator leads the development and implementation of all GBV-related projects in IRC Liberia.
This position reports to the Deputy Director. Thie position directly supervises the GBV Coordinator and technically manages a team of about 34 staff. The Sr GBV Coordinator:
- Leads the development of new initiatives, program implementation, and program design and monitoring
- Provides leadership and technical guidance to the team through regular meetings and visits to the field; ensure adequate staff capacity building; participates to GBV staff recruitment in accordance with IRC procedures
- Builds strong relationships with the Ministry of Gender and Development and other NGOs and UN agencies active in GBV
- Ensures that quality reports to donor are submitted in a timely manner.
- Monitors all GBV project budgets and work with finance team and logistics team to ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations and IRC policy and procedures
- Degree in social sciences or relevant field or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 5 years in GBV program management including implementation, staff recruitment, training, supervision and team building
- Minimum of 3 years experience in conflict / post-conflict or development settings
- Demonstrated experience in project design, management and monitoring and evaluation
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Organization(s): International Rescue Committee
- Country/Region: Liberia
- Apply by: 23 August 2010