The webinar will take place on 3 May, at 9am – 10:30am (Washington DC), and will address the following topics:
• Gender equality and women’s empowerment in terms of poverty reduction strategies, particularly in rural areas.
• The impact on gender relations within the household and in the community.
• Social protection interventions and services that matter the most for women, particularly rural women.
• Complementary services that can make a difference in enabling gender equality and women’s economic and social empowerment.
• Gaps in research on social protection programmes.
We also invite you to join the Gender-Sensitive Social Protection Online Community to continue the webinar discussion and learn more about how social protection programmes contribute to gender equality and women’s empowerment. The Community is administered by the IPC-IG and the FAO. You will also be able to stay up-to-date on the Gender-Sensitive Social Protection Webinar Series.
Take this 1 minute Gender-Sensitive Social Protection Survey to ensure The Gender and Social Protection Webinar Series features content you are interested in!Webinar Panelists and Schedule: